Ten skincare tips you can do from home
Advice to keep your skin healthy.
We’re forever told to ‘love the skin you’re in’. It’s certainly an important phrase – self-confidence is such a positive and powerful thing – but that’s not the only reason why you should love it.
Skin, as you may or may not know, is actually the largest human organ. It encases our other vital body parts and keeps us together… quite literally.
Despite that, it’s very easy to take its health and well-being for granted as it’s exposed to all kinds of attacks from weather to smog on a daily basis.
Fortunately, there are some relatively simple things you can do to give your skin a little more protection. Thanks to The Laser Treatment Clinic, here are a few easy skincare tips to help make sure you look glowing and radiant at all times.
- Give Up Smoking. As well as the obvious dangers like lung cancer, smoking can rob your skin of oxygen and nutrients. This is because it slows down your body’s blood flow, leaving smokers often looking older than their years. If you smoke, definitely think about quitting. The health benefits are huge.
- Stay Hydrated. No matter what diet you keep or beauty routine you have, drinking lots of water will be the one constant piece of advice you’ll receive. Clean, filtered water will flush any toxins out of your body and ensure your skin looks great. Lots of websites recommend you drink 8 cups (about 2 litres) of water every day.
- Moisturise. Moisturising your skin in combination with drinking plenty of water is a great start towards looking more healthy and radiant. Depending on your skin type there are a lot of moisturisers out there, so you should always be able to choose one that’s suitable for you.
- Keep Showers Short. This may seem counter-intuitive – after all what better what to add moisture to skin than by soaking in the shower – but not only can these extended showers dry your skin, they can also make your current dry skin condition even worse. Why not keep a 5 minute timer in your shower to help you cut down on your showering time?
- Use a Natural Cleanser. Using facial cleansers full of natural ingredients will help to keep your skin feeling and looking healthy. Products such as Deep Sea Cleanse – which is suitable for all skin types and contains marine plant extracts, various fruit oils, and vitamins – can be perfect.
- Drink Green Tea. Drinking green tea is a great alternative to regular tea and coffee if you find yourself craving a cuppa. Jam packed with antioxidants, this herbal tea can speed up your metabolism, which in turn burns fat quicker.
- Wear Sunscreen. As the old song says, “If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it”. Though it might sound a bit excessive to wear sunscreen every day, especially in more moderate countries, what better way to protect your skin from harmful UV rays and sun damage. When looking for a suitable sun cream, make sure it is at least SPF 15 for adults (it should be higher for children) and also has good UVA protection.
- Boost Your Vitamin Intake. Whether you eat tons of fruit and veg in your diet or you add a multivitamin tablet to your daily ritual, ensuring your body is packed with vitamins will keep your skin looking vibrant. Pay particular attention to your Vitamin A intake because this is big for maintaining healthy skin and repairing damaged skin.
- De-stress. Believe it or not, being stressed can thin your skin out and make you more susceptible to eczema. Take time to chill-out and enjoy yourself, whether it’s by taking part in a yoga class, going to a comedy club, or curling up with a book.
- Remove Your Make-up. We’ve all been guilty of it, but after an exhausting late night sometimes you just need to get to bed. What a mistake! Leaving your make up on can not only clog your pores but lead to skin irritation and acne. No-one needs that.
Do you have any more simple skincare tips to share?
Please note: this is a sponsored post.