Why my children rock my world.
Last October I wrote a post about the ten things I miss about life before motherhood. It was all true of course (I wouldn’t publish anything that wasn’t), but I couldn’t help but feel that it did a little disservice to my life as a mother. I love being a mum after all and wouldn’t change anything for the world.
So, to balance things out, here’s my list of reasons why young children are awesome and why my 2 (aged 4 and 2 respectively) totally rock my world:
- You get to play with tons of kids’ toys without people thinking you’re weird.
- You get to relive your childhood and introduce your children to everything you used to love.
- You can be as silly as you like with them. The sillier the better in fact so cast off those inhibitions!
- They laugh at your jokes, no matter how lame (I’m sure this is a different story the older they get though).
- They will give you an honest answer.
- Their smiles can light up rooms and instantly make you feel better.
- They will surprise you every day, even in the smallest ways.
- Their exuberance for life is infectious.
- They find light and humour wherever they look.
- Their innocence is refreshing.
- Their inquisitive minds can be startling.
- They accept you as you are.
- They love you without exception.
- They accept what you say as fact.
- They see you as their rock. A superhero who can do anything.
- They make you strive to become the best person you can be.
- You will appreciate time alone (on your own and with your partner) instead of taking it for granted.
- They are miracles of nature (you made them, physically made them. That’s amazing!).
- They will become some of your best friends.
- No matter how old they get, they will always need you.
Whenever I’ve had a difficult day, or one filled with tears or tantrums, all I need to do is think about some of the things from this list and I know that however hard this parenting lark is, it’s totally worth it.
How about you?